Wednesday, January 13, 2010

THE READER

The reader is a very simple movie, but very intense at the same time

Michael Berg, 15 years old. Very smart boy with a educated family. There he is living life to the fullest seen to have it all. But one day he mets Hanna Schmitz, twice as old as he. Why so old? thats why I though at first, but then I realize this is a real life story (even thouggh this is just a novel).


Well Michael falls in love sexually with Hanna. Michael who is in school tend to miss classes to be with Hanna often. During these events, which as usual ends in sex during the hole movie  Hanna ask Michael to read to her before havieng sex. He reads to her all the time and she gets into the stories that he tells her, sad scary, and sexua stories.


After a while, she seens to get bored of this routine. Hanna get a better position in her job and plans to leave without tell michael about it. One day as fast as she came, she left without a word. Michael  suffered but continued with his life.


After a decade, while michael is studying law, He assist to I believe a random court where 6 women are in trial. Michael finds out that one of these women is Hanna. Hanna was a guard at auschwitz during the WWII.
In the trial Hanna is sentenced for life in prison, she used to make prisioners read for her and then she will sent them to died. Hanna is reliased after 20 years and died later on after she saw michael now with a dauther.


Very thoughfull movie, I will say that this movie have alot of true in its content. One of them is how much impact a person can have is others person life in a short period of time. Also I was reading some critics about the sex parts, but I believe that sex is one of the key points when you are very young it mark you. At some point it confused me a little bit but its a great movie "you must watch it"

link:  http://www.watch-movies-online.tv/s/the_reader.html


No comments:

Post a Comment